Been listening to some beta players and have a few things I found interesting. Take them as they are, we'll see if they stay in the release.
- Controller support is OK, and the keyboard uses ijkl for camera. That's, uh. Different.
- Fighting has fatigue, though it sounds as though it has been well timed with a rather fast battle system
- Macros aren't as end-all as before. Good use for changing disciplines (and recommended), equipping, etc.
- The benchmark is most likely still running off an old beta version, so their results are yet to be end all. Rumor has it a new one is coming out.
- Ambient Occlusion: not necessary, just makes it a bit prettier, takes up a lot of resources. Still looks good without it. Still nice.
- Remember, kids: lower Anti-Aliasing helps.
- Apparently there's a reason the benchmark goes to 5000. "It's the new Crysis!"
- There will be NPC opposite gender of the single gender races, but nothing on them being playable.
- MP isn't that bad. Mages are Glass Cannons,
- Learning a job skill can let you assign that skill to another job using a point system between level and skill level. If you want to be successful, you'll have to level multiple jobs for helpful skills.
- Everyone is essentially a Red Mage.
- It was fun to get back into the WOW bashing. Brings me back to the ole' FFXI rivalry. Which just suddenly make WOW and me feel old.
Message too long. Click here
to view the full text.